Dr. Chetan Singh Thakur has been awarded the DST Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship for the year 2023-24
- Awarded SERB CRG grant for the project, “Analog Machine Learning Co-Processor Chip for Edge Computing”
Dr. Pallab Kumar Nath has been awarded the CSIR Senior Research Associateship (Scientists’ Pool Scheme) in Engineering Sciences
- Awarded SRC grant for the project ‘A Novel Super-Sparse-Array-Based Super-Resolution Ultrasound Imaging System’, 2020
Centre-Artificial-Intelligence-Robotics (CAIR), DRDO has awarded a research grant to the NeuRonICS lab in Neuromorphic Vision
NeuRonICS lab is a part of the Centre for Excellence in Quantum Technology at IISc. Research grants in Quantum Technology have been awarded by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India, and Institute of Eminence funds of IISc
NeuRonICS lab has been awarded the Scheme for Transformational and Advanced Research in Sciences (STARS) grant from MHRD, Gov of India to build the “Handheld electronic tool for impedance-sensing detection of mercury in water using aptamer templated metal nanoparticles”
- NeuRonICS lab has been funded by Ashok Leyland Inc. to carry out research projects in the area of Machine Learning and Edge Computing.
- NeuRonICS lab has been awarded the SPARC proposal in collaboration with Prof Shantanu Chakrabartty and Prof Raman Baranidharan from Washington University of St Louis.
- Sensing-to-learn and Learning-to-sense: Exploiting Neuromorphic symbiosis of sensing, computing, memory, and adaptation for designing the next-generation machine learning systems.
- Wipro has awarded funds to Neuronics Lab for two research projects:
- Fast Activity Recognition.
- Multi-Sensory Fusion in the area of Autonomous Vehicle
- Dr. Chetan Singh Thakur has won a prestigious “Early Career Research Award” from the Science and Engineering Research Board, Government of India for developing a Neuromorphic processor.
- Vishal Shaw (Masters Student) has been awarded the Texas Instruments fellowship at IISc, 2017
- Awarded the Young Investigator Award by Pratiksha Trust at IISc, 2017
- Awarded the Qualcomm gift funding to conduct research in compressive sensing imager, 2017
- Awarded the INSPIRE Faculty Award by the Department of Science and Technology, India, 2016