Rajarshi Roy Chaudhuri hails from Kolkata, West Bengal. He did his schooling in Kolkata and went on to receive the B.Tech. degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from the West Bengal University of Technology, India in 2016. He then pursued his M.Tech degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur, India during 2016-2018. He is currently in the first year of his Ph.D., which he is pursuing since 2018, in the MSD Lab, Department of Electronic Systems Engineering, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru.
Current Area of Research
- Characterization and reliability studies of AlGaN/GaN high electron mobility transistors.
- Device reliability co-design – Exploration for novel device design techniques and its optimization by targeting minimization of the device degradation mechanisms which mitigates the limitations and enhances performance in E-mode HEMTs
List of Publications
- R. Roy Chaudhuri, D. Acharyya, S. Ghosal, P. Chung, M. Ho, and P. Bhattacharyya, “Understanding the Apparent Non-Reliability in the Sensing Characteristics of MnO2 Self-Assembled Hierarchical Nanostructure,” IEEE Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 628–635, 2018.
- D. Acharyya, R. Roy Chaudhuri, and P. Bhattacharyya, “Noise Analysis-Resonant Frequency-Based Combined Approach for Concomitant Detection of Unknown Vapor Type and Concentration,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, pp. 1–8 (Early Access), 2018.
- D. Acharyya, S. Ghosal, R. Roychaudhuri and P. Bhattacharyya, “Hierarchical MnO2 Nanoflowers Based Efficient Room Temperature Alcohol Sensor,” 2018 IEEE SENSORS, New Delhi, India, 2018, pp. 1-4. DOI : 10.1109/ICSENS.2018.8589597
- R. Roychaudhuri, D. Acharyya and P. Bhattacharyya, “Morphological evolution of MnO2 based nanostructures by tuning the reaction time,” 2018 International Symposium on Devices, Circuits and Systems (ISDCS), Howrah, 2018, pp. 1-4.
DOI : 10.1109/ISDCS.2018.8379628
- K. Dutta, A. K. Saini, R. Roychaudhuri and P. Bhattacharyya, “Quantitative equivalent circuit modeling of ZnO nanorod based MIS vapor sensor device,” 2017 1st International Conference on Electronics, Materials Engineering and Nano-Technology (IEMENTech), Kolkata, 2017, pp. 1-5. DOI : 10.1109/IEMENTECH.2017.8076955
- S. D. Chowdhury, R. Roy Chaudhuri and M. Sarkar, “Design of 1-bit full adder using NMOS based negative differential resistance,” 2017 Devices for Integrated Circuit (DevIC), Kalyani, 2017, pp. 630-636. DOI : 10.1109/DEVIC.2017.8074027
- M. Paul, N. Kapoor, R. Modak, T. Paul, R. Roy Chaudhuri, S.D. Chowdhury, “Design of 1-bit Full Adder using β-driven threshold element,” 2017 1st International Conference on Electronics, Materials Engineering and Nano-Technology (IEMENTech), Kolkata, 2017, pp. 1-5. DOI : 10.1109/IEMENTECH.2017.8076968
- M. Sarkar, R. Roy Chaudhuri, S. D. Chowdhury, N. K. Thakur, S. Chowdhury (2015) “Onset of Chaos for Different Non Linear Systems by Varying System Parameters ,” In: Lakshminarayanan V., Bhattacharya I. (eds) Advances in Optical Science and Engineering. Springer Proceedings in Physics, vol 166. Springer, New Delhi
- R. Roy Chaudhuri et. al. (2015) “Review on Li-Fi Technology,” In: Lakshminarayanan V., Bhattacharya I. (eds) Advances in Optical Science and Engineering. Springer Proceedings in Physics, vol 166. Springer, New Delhi
Awards and Achievements
- Recipeint of INAE Innovative Student Projects Award 2018 for the Masters level research project.
- Recipient of ISSS Innovative Student Project Award 2018 (Post-Graduate Category) for the Masters level research project.
- Recipient of A. K. Seal Gold Medal for securing the overall 1st rank in the regular Master of Technology examination considering all the departments.
- Recipient of Silver Medal for securing the 1st rank in M.Tech degree course in the department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, IIEST Shibpur.
- Awarded the Student Performer Award and Outstanding Student Contributor Award in the undergraduate (B. Tech) program in Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata.
- Represented my undergraduate college (IEM Kolkata) as the Student Chapter Leader (in the capacity of being the President of the student chapter) in SPIE Optics and Photonics 2014 Conference in San Diego, California.